What to do if you get too high:
Unwanted side-effects from overconsumption can be challenging.
Mild symptoms can include: dry mouth, dizziness, red eyes, rapid heartbeat, lethargy or “couch lock”, mild paranoia (example: I can’t go out – everyone will know I’m high!)
Moderate symptoms can include: anxiety, fainting, vomiting, difficulty walking, feeling like your “dying”, loss of consciousness (can’t stay awake)
Severe symptoms can include: acute paranoia or anxiety, breathing difficulties, psychosis
Most people do NOT need emergency medical care. Asses if you have had other drugs or alcohol before deciding to visit an emergency room.
Things to Try for mild to moderate cannabis over-intoxication
– Lay down in a safe place. Have a friend sit with you, if you can. Try and breathe normally. Remind yourself: No one has ever died of an overdose of cannabis alone.
Over-the-counter remedies which generally take effect within 30-60 minutes:
– Citicoline 1,000 – 2,000 mgs. Sold under brand names Cognizin and Brain Focus at King Soopers, Sprouts, and Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage.
– UNDOO from Undoo.com (Olivetol based – works in 10-30 mins)
– Mary’s Rescue from Marysmedicinals.com (Uses 1200mgs GPC the glycerized version of citicoline plus magnesium)
– LipidRescue is an Emergency Room administered antidote for overdose or poisoning by lipophilic agents. Shown effective in case studies.
((Why didn’t I say “take some CBD”? Because we’ve had decidedly mixed results with that. CBD can exacerbate the over-intoxication in some people.))
IF YOU HAVE A BETTER SOLUTION FOR CANNABIS OVER-INTOXICATION
EMAIL ME (Martha Montemayor) AT INFO@MJFORMDS.COM
An idea is a terrible thing to hoard.